The Stratosphere Tower, rising to more than 1000 feet, is not just the tallest building in Las Vegas but in the entire state of Nevada too. It was opened on 30 April 1996.
The Tower is a unique, iconic fixture in the Vegas skyline with a magnificent 360-degree view of the shimmering Las Vegas Strip and Valley.
- Location: 2000 Las Vegas Blvd S Stratosphere Casino Hotel & Tower, Las Vegas, NV 89104-2507.
- Hours: 12:00 PM – 1:00 AM.
- Website: thestrat.com.
The views from the top of the Stratosphere Tower are magnificent at any time of the day. Our preferred time to go up is when the sun starts to set, and the neon lights come on at the end of the day.
The tower boasts two observation decks, an interior, and exterior, at around 900 feet high. The interior deck has a unique design made up of tilted glass walls, causing a certain feeling of vertigo as you gaze upon the streets below.
Besides the views, the Stratosphere tower is known for the exciting attractions it houses at the top.
- Big Shot: A space shuttle which catapults you 160 feet high up into the sky. On this ride, you will see Las Vegas from what really is the highest point possible in Las Vegas.
- X-Scream: Our favorite attraction at Stratosphere Tower. Similar to a roller coaster, it takes you out into mid-air, 860 feet above the ground, and rocks back and forth like a see-saw.
- Insanity, the Ride: This a carousel ride which, like the X-Scream, spins you in mid-air.
- Skyjump: The bravest among us can try bungee jumping from the Stratosphere tower from a platform located at 260 meters above sea level.
The price for ascending to the observation deck is US$ 20. If you want to ride the attractions, the price, including access to the observation deck, is US$ 29 with one ride, US$ 30 for two rides, and US$ 33 for three rides. A full day ticket is US$ 34. If you’d like to jump from the tower, that’ll cost you US$ 129.99.
Is Stratosphere tower open?
The observation deck at Stratosphere Tower is open from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, and from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. The rides are generally open from noon until 22.00, and until midnight on weekends.
What’s inside the Stratosphere tower?
The top of the tower has two observation decks and a restaurant known as “Top of the World”, in addition to lounges, four thrill rides, and a wedding chapel. Top of the World is a revolving restaurant, taking about 80 minutes to complete a full rotation.
How high is the Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas?
At 1,149 feet (350 meters), the tower is the tallest structure in Las Vegas and the 5th tallest in the whole of the United States. Opened on April 30, 1996, The Stratosphere also features a 5 star hotel and a casino.
Is Stratosphere Tower free for hotel guests?
Admission is free for hotel guests, a room key is required for admission. Must be 21 or older.
Do you need reservations for the Stratosphere?
over a year ago. You definitely need to make reservations for the restaurant. We had drinks first then stepped down to the restaurant level. No fee is charged to go eat if you have a reservation and the view is stunning